About PBC Skills
The Business Development Board of Palm Beach County is conducting a comprehensive analysis to evaluate the area workforce. Boyette Strategic Advisors is working with the BDB to:
- Determine the regional labor market area for Palm Beach County
- Examine workforce skills and availability in the area
- Identify skills gaps that may present challenges for employers in the county’s targeted industry sectors
- Explore commuting patterns of the workforce
- Assess middle-skills gaps in the Aviation/Aerospace, Healthcare and Information Technology sectors
- Develop workforce enhancement strategies and recommend marketing messages
- Develop data to share with business prospects considering a location in the area
Boyette will utilize a combination of quantitative and qualitative research, along with extensive stakeholder input, to inform the workforce enhancement recommendations. The end result will be invaluable tools for Palm Beach County’s economic development and workforce organizations to use in strengthening workforce assets and addressing any challenges.
job growth in Palm Beach County from 2011 to 2016
of new jobs created in the last five years were middle-skill occupations, requiring less than a Bachelor's degree
of Palm Beach County population is Millennials
of Palm Beach County residents have at least some college education
Input from across Palm Beach County is a critical component of this workforce analysis. A series of surveys is available online to gather input from a broad cross-section of the community. These stakeholder surveys are designed to collect information from residents, employers, students, and high school counselors. The survey results will be used to validate information gathered through quantitative research and in conversations with additional stakeholder groups, which ultimately will allow us to understand and tell the Palm Beach County workforce story in our efforts to create jobs and attract new investment.
All input provided through these surveys will be kept confidential and will be combined with input from all audiences in the project report. Please choose the appropriate survey below: